Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Luck By Chance!

Not ALL of you may know the immensely gorgeous, 25-yr old Indian author Durjoy Datta. At least not many people over-seas India! Infact, i myself found out about his 'Good Looks' only last year, whereas he has been in the writing industry from since 2007!

It was a matter of fate when i happened to buy his book 'Of Course I Love You!...Till I Find Someone Better' from a dingy road-par-stall at the Fashion Street (MG Road) in South Mumbai, in 2010 . The book wasn't carrying a picture of him and i began to believe that 'Durjoy Datta' was probably some 30-40 yr old buddha writer with an absolutely sick sense of writing. I mean, excuse me? 75% of his book was based on vulgar-ness! But nevertheless, i was definitely intrigued by his catchy writing sense.

Last year- in August, 2011- on a family trip to Kanpur, i happened to come across his second book 'Now That You're Rich,Let's Fall In Love!' at a book-shop. My Dad's elder cousin wanted to buy me a gift and so, i ended up convincing him to buy me the book (given the fact that my Dad wasn't ready to buy me one since it would divert me from studies). And there, i had Mr.Datta's second book in my hand!
And that was the day i got a massive heart-jolt. Having opened the book, to read, in the train, i looked at the side opposite the title page.
........
Only to see a black and white picture of Durjoy Datta.
Honestly, i think my heart stopped beating for a few seconds.
Hell,he was handsome! Not one bit close to the perverted oldie i'd imagined him to be!



What followed is a tale in itself! I Googled him, found all his info, ended up printing his pictures and made a mini-scrap book (it was a spiral diary actually) based mainly on him. I was in LOVE! 
I spread news about him far and wide in my school, and made him a mini celebrity in my class. I bugged a local magazine ( Friday!) to publish an article about him, which they DID after a lot of pressure from my side. I even had MY name published in the mag! It felt GREAT!

All in all, even if he may not know it, Durjoy Datta has made a difference to my life. He made me realize that never go by name, that boys hate men handsomer than them, and that authors can be sexy too. =]

ILoveHim!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post. I fell for him in a similar manner too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too imagined him to be somewhat a...like 60-70 year oldie and I didn't read his books.. I came across when only love remains while searching for a musical book..I read it..and till date.. I have read all his titles many a times!

    ReplyDelete